Wednesday 27 February 2013

Shamalama

Last night I talked on the phone. I KNOW! who the heck does that anymore? I almost answered it like "hello? what is this thing? who is this? is it working right?"
But I knew who it was! My Best friend! This punk moved away. 3 hours away by car. She has NO idea how badly I need my best friend sometimes. I also call her Shamalama. Don't ask :)

ANYWAY. So last night, we talked. and it was great. It's like taking a pill for a headache. Talking with the best friend, is therapy. I hope I was therapy for her too.

Shamalama is moving back to our hometown (large city) at the end of the school year. She is an elementary school teacher. I LOVE that about her. Although she is still new at it, she was made for it, and I hope that she never looses sight over the bigger picture.

I can't WAIT to be able to drive to her place on a weekday. I cannot wait to be able to hug her when I feel sad or pee my pants with her when I laugh (literally or figuratively? you decide...).

She said something last night that made me think (and i hate thinking. My brain STILL hurts). She said once we moves back, then we'll be able to get back on track. I guess I didn't realize how hard it REALLY is for her. I'm here, in our home. With everyone we grew up with (yeah right, Like i ever talk to people from 12 years ago.. haha) with the comforts of the streets we grew up on. With the clean air (hahaha She lives in a city I like to call Smellmonton  :)) and she's all alone (with her man) up there (north, not in space) and her city smells like urine, and the roads are HORRIBLE and her parents are not there. And neither am I.

I just wanted her to know that I love her. and miss her. and will do a brand new made up on the spot dance when she comes home.
She is going to cry reading this. LOL i know, because she ALWAYS cries! hahahaaaaa MUAH! LOVE YOU SHMOOPY POO!!


(Shama is less curly than I and yes that Is my tongue)

1 comment: